The dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Modafinil Dosing for more information.)
Modafinil can interact with a number of other medications (see Drug Interactions With Modafinil).
People who take too much modafinil may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Anxiety, nervousness, irritability, or aggressiveness
- Tremor (shakiness)
- Feelings of a forcefully or rapidly beating heart (known as heart palpitations)
- Nausea or diarrhea
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- Confusion or hallucinations
- Loss of life.
If you happen to overdose on modafinil, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Provigil Overdose for more information.)
Modafinil should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep modafinil tablets in an airtight container.
Keep modafinil and all other medications out of the reach of children.