What Is Armodafinil Used For?
Armodafinil has not been shown to be safe and effective for any use in children younger than 17 years old. Children may be at a higher risk for dangerous reactions to the drug.
On occasion, your healthcare provider may recommend armodafinil for treating something other than the conditions discussed in this article. This is called an "off-label" use. At this time, armodafinil is sometimes used off-label for the following uses:
- For treating fatigue due to other causes (such as chronic fatigue syndrome or multiple sclerosis)
- For treating attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- To help treat depression (when used along with antidepressants).
There are also a few less legitimate off-label armodafinil uses, such as:
- Improving brain function (such as before tests or exams)
- Improving athletic performance
- Suppressing the need for sleep
- Helping people lose weight.