For people with narcolepsy or sleep apnea, the recommended armodafinil dosage is 150 or 250 mg once daily in the morning. The recommended dose for people with shift work sleep disorder is 150 mg, taken one hour before the start of the work shift. Some people may require lower armodafinil dosing, such as the elderly, people with certain medical conditions, and people taking certain medications.
Interested in a Discount on Armodafinil?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
The dose of armodafinil (Nuvigil™) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The particular sleep disorder you have
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Armodafinil Dosing for Narcolepsy and Sleep Apnea
The recommended dose of armodafinil for promoting wakefulness in people with narcolepsy or obstructive sleep apnea is 150 or 250 mg, taken once daily in the morning.
Armodafinil Dosing for Shift Work Sleep Disorder
The recommended dose of armodafinil for people with shift work sleep disorder is 150 mg, taken about one hour before the start of your work shift.
Considerations for people taking armodafinil include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- A lower armodafinil dose may be recommended for elderly people, people with certain medical conditions (such as liver disease), or people who take certain medications (see Drug Interactions With Armodafinil).
- You can take armodafinil with or without food. If the medicine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Armodafinil will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to armodafinil dosing, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.